Monday, March 2, 2015

We were not prepared for Tuesday

We were not prepared for Tuesday.....Tuesday started with so much hope and expectation, and ended with sorrow and heart break.  On Tuesday we had an ultra sound.  On Tuesday my ob found two loops of distended bowel in our sweet little baby boy...two.  Kareese was born with one.  He said two, he found two and that they were bigger than the one Kareese had.  We were numb, shocked, and couldn't believe what we were hearing.....this is not what we were expecting to hear.  
The Sunday before, during worship at church, I heard the Lord tell me that my sweet boy would have freedom from CF.  Freedom.  Loops of Distended bowel = miconium illius....that's not freedom, that's CF.  Did I hear wrong? No.  I have heard the Lord speak to me before and those promises came true.  What did freedom mean then?  I was lost and confused.
After the numbness and disbelief wore off I began to feel the Lord minister to me and remind me of who He is.  He reminded me that He has a plan, and a purpose for my children.  He knows their name.  He knows every hair on their head.  He knows when a cure will be found.  He KNOWS when healing will come.  He KNOWS when they will have freedom.  HE knows.  His promise I heard on Sunday is still true.  I took the word freedom literately and expected it to happen right now.  But I am beginning to realize that his promise of freedom was a reminder that He has a plan and He is in control.  It is my job to put my faith, hope, and trust in Him.  He saw us through this same situation once with Kareese and He can and WILL see us through it again.
Now with the Lord on my side I begin to plan and prep for the next 10 weeks of pregnancy and the journey that will follow....
I love Stanford. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I was told to wait 72 hours for the referral to go through and to get a call from the Fetal Center.  I received a call within hours of them receiving my referral.  I talked with their patient coordinator at length and we set up a plan. Plans are great!  And at Stanford we are not the only patients they have ever seen with this like in my obs office.  This is everyday to them and they know what to do.
On Wednesday James and I will go down to Stanford for a stage two ultra sound, a meeting with a neonatologist, and then a possible MRI depending on the images they are able to get from the ultra sound.  Then later in the month we will meet with surgery (in case we have to go down that road) and the ob clinic.  We will probably have to relocate down there at 37/38 weeks of this pregnancy in order to deliver down there.  We will know more after Wednesday.
For those of you who don't know, a distended bowel/miconium illius is when the mucus in the bowels hardens the miconium and creates a blockage.  With Kareese we were able to avoid surgery and break up the blockage with a drug called mucomyst, which she still takes.  Cystic Fibrosis (CF) affects anything in the body that is lined with mucus, but mostly the lungs and digestive system.  CF mucus lacks salt so it becomes thick and sticky.
Please pray with us as we prepare for Wednesday.  We are praying that the blockage is gone and broken up.  We are praying for the perfect team to care for us and for housing to become available for us if we need it in May.
As I finish my first ever blog post "You Make Me Brave" by Bethel Music has begun playing:
"You make me brave
No fear can hinder now the promises you made"

Here we go...

5 comments:

  1. Wow --- you have a ministry, dear! Heartbreaking, no doubt, but I KNOW God is going to use you in the lives of many.....I'm forwarding your blog onto friends, family, et al. You know we will keep you all and little Henry in our prayers -- so much to deal with, remember to CALL on others who will, lovingly and eagerly, come to help. Kareese is a warrior and little man will be, too!!! Awesome blog, Jessi!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about this complication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our God IS in charge! All our love for you warrior momma, James, Kareese & that little Prince! Please, please call me if any of you need ANYTHING, ANYTIME, ok. Continued prayers for you all ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. God will guide through this time just keep up the faith and everything will be Okay. If you need anything at all just call. Much love

    ReplyDelete